Wednesday, September 21, 2005

"You are stuck on stupid"

I have liked General Honore from the get go. RadioBlogger has an awsome transcript that brings the good General even closer to my heart.

He. Tells. A. Reporter. At. A. Press. Conference.
"You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question."
I would love to be a fly on the wall of General Honore's staff meetings. Woe to the idiot.

Read the whole entry and transcript at RadioBlogger, but RadioBlogger has some great ideas.
I think the General just started a movement, and he may not even realize it. Every time a reporter, in any situation, starts spinning, or completely misses the point, they need to be peppered with, "Don't get stuck on stupid."

I'd pay money to see David Gregory in the White House Press Corps foaming at the mouth over something trivial Scott McClellan said, and have McClellan say, "David, you're stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that."

I'd have fallen out of my chair if John Roberts would have listened to Joe Biden ramble on, and said, "Don't get stuck on stupid, Senator."
Political Teen has the video, and you can hear it here as well. I recommend that you watch the video over and over again and thank God that you are an American. Can you see a French General doing that?

Hat tip The Corner.

No comments: