Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Protecting your kids from the "funny" pages

I am a newspaper nut because before I cared about anything else, a daily ritual at the Salamander household was my Dad would grab the Sports Section and I would grab the comics. As a byproduct, I grew up liking the paper and all that comes with it.

Not for my kids. I don't encourage them to read the comics. Mostly because I don't want to have to explain cr@p like this. Now and then they see Daddy dressed like this. I would rather not go deep into explaining self-hating, envy filled, overpaid, Boomer, narcissistic, Moonbats with them quite yet. Wait until their friends start going to their Bat Mitzvahs first.

The Salamander newspaper tradition will die with me, I am afraid. I get 85% of my news from the computer, but I still love 'em. Shifting from sail to steam - and I still like a simple sail.

No comments: