Sunday, June 03, 2012

I shouldn't have to tell you ....

... that EVERY Sunday there is a Midrats!

Actually, before I headed off to my no-internet access Dacha/bolt-hole for the weekend to play on my tractor and tend to my orchard, I thought I had this post set to go, but I left it in draft. So, better late than never.

Oh well. Good thing about the show - you can get it on archive!

Today, our returning guest for the full hour will be Mackenzie Eaglen, Resident Fellow at the Marilyn Ware Center for Security Studies at the American Enterprise Institute.

Our focus will be that in five months and a bit the November 2012 election will be here.

The war in Iraq is over, the war in Afghanistan is adrift - but the underlying cause of both remains. OBL is dead yet the drone wars expand.

Our traditional European allies have never been weaker in living memory. The old order in the Arab world is changing, and the western Pacific grows in focus.

A military worn out by a decade of war is also looking at decreasing resources in a sluggish economy.

Where do we prioritize? What is the best mix of strategy and programs to best prepare our military for the challenges of this century?

Which issues related to national defense will make it in to the 2012 contest?

A great show.

If you don't get the show in iTunes - you can go to the showpage here or just use the widget below.

Listen to internet radio with Midrats on Blog Talk Radio

No comments: